Chimichanga is a Mexican entree that traditionally is a tortilla filled with meat or beans. Chimichangas are basically a burrito that is deep fried. So when we call these Oven Baked Chicken Chimichangas I guess we should really be calling them Oven Baked Burritos because that’s all it is.
I love chimichangas but they’re usually dripping with grease. Every time I would go to a restaurant as a child I would order a chimichanga.
These oven fried chicken chimichangas were just the taste I was craving and had plenty of crisp that you look for in a chimichanga.
Everyone loves chimichangas! This Baked Chicken Chimichanga recipe is stuffed with rice, chicken, cheese and more. Such a simple dinner recipe that is so delicious and perfect to add to the monthly menu.
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 package shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
- Fold in chicken.
- Divide among flour tortillas.
- Tuck in sides, and roll up each tortilla.
- Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9×13″ baking dish.
- Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Turn chimi’s over, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa.