I’m going to Disneyland next week and decided that I didn’t want to take my muffin top with me, especially since I have this cute form-fitting shirt that I want to wear so bad…. WITHOUT SPANX!!
When I need to lose my gut or 10 pounds quickly I turn to 3 diets that never lets me down; my green monster smoothie diet, The 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and my newest love, the 7-day cabbage soup diet!!
Here’s Why I Adore The Cabbage Soup Diet:
- It works!! It’s not science. Cut your calories, unhealthy sugar, starches, for a period of time while drinking lots of water and you’ll lose weight quickly.
- It’s quick!! By the morning of my 8th day, the scale is always 7-10 lbs lighter. My clothes fit differently, and my usually bloated gut is flat. I love it!!!
- I cheat!! I’ve discovered that I can cheat a bit on this diet. I’ve snuck a muffin in a few times. BEST. MUFFIN.EVER!! I’ve also used some condiments to spice things up.
- Great for pre-diets! This diet is GREAT for the start of a real diet/eating plan. You know, one where you eat a variety of healthy foods and a decent balance of calories. Sometimes you just need a jumpstart, a cleanse, a boost of confidence on the scale. This diet does it!
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 10 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables.
Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Serving size: 1 cup (6to 8)
WW SP: 1