This Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole is a classic breakfast in our house! I’ve been having it on holiday mornings since I was a kid and have carried the tradition into adulthood. It’s a wonderfully easy breakfast to share as a family on busy holiday mornings!
Make this Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe to feed a crowd. It’s loaded with sausage, egg, and cheese for a hearty breakfast. Prepare this easy breakfast recipe the night before and impress your guests.
It’s a simple and comforting breakfast recipe that is perfect for the holidays, when friends and family might be visiting and staying as house guests. This casserole is so good that you’d be proud serving this breakfast on special days like Christmas morning or Thanksgiving morning too.
This Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole is so easy to make! Because it’s a make ahead recipe, you can prepare this breakfast the night before and save your energy in the morning for waking up.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk. Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *7
Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *7
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *6
Amount Per Serving (1 /6th recipe)