Bacon Fried Cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with only a few ingredients. It is flavorful and ready in less than 30 minutes! Check out the short video tutorial attached below and see how simple this recipe is!
Bacon Fried Cabbage is one of our favorite dishes to make year-round. It is easy to make with simple ingredients, resulting in such a flavorful and delicious side dish. All you need is four ingredients – cabbage, onion, garlic, and bacon, along with a few seasonings.
I guess the secret ingredients here are bacon and garlic, as it makes this recipe so amazingly delicious! Once you try it, you will be making it over and over again, it is that good!
If you have never fried or sauteed cabbage before, you need to try this dish. It is also budget-friendly and can be made with various toppings. For, example, you could replace the bacon with sausage, or for a vegetarian version, simply use potatoes instead. It tastes delicious either way.
This is one of the easiest dishes to make, and it is one of the first sides to go on the table. We love to fry the cabbage in some bacon fat as this enhances the flavor tremendously. Below you can find the easy steps on how to best make this recipe
- 1 lb bacon ( finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 lbs cabbage (finely diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fry bacon with occasionally stirring until the fat renders and will take crispy brown appearance.
- Remove the bacon on paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Take oil in a pan, heat it now add chopped onion and minced garlic in to pan and stir until onion and garlic become translucent.
- Now add cabbage and pepper flakes, salt into pan and stir until the cabbage is tender, if you prefer it softer put a lid on the frying pan that will give it some steam.
- Crumble the fried bacon into the pan and mix well.
- You can keep in the fridge for a day or two and can be reheated in a hot frying pan, but its best freshly made.
12.5 g fat
15.5 g carbohydrates
5.4 g protein
19 mg cholesterol
1435 mg sodium