This is phenomenal and easy. I varied it a little by doing half cherries and half peaches and adding a little cinnamon and lemon. Recipe posted as written. Serving size is estimated.
If you’ve never been in a kitchen and you want to cook for someone special, this pie will save your day! It’s very easy to make and it’s awesome! Check it out!
Easy, peasy and yummy! Come on men! It’s time to go into the kitchen at least once! A baby can make this pie, so why won’t you? You’ll thank me later when it pays of!
There are orchards of peach trees in the area of Texas surrounding the Y.O.
Ranch, so it’s not surprising that ranch cook Bertie Varner would concoct this dessert, in which the spices nicely balance the sweetness of the peaches. It’s a quick and easy way to please a crowd!
- 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 1 cup of flour.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- A dash of salt.
- 1 qt of sweetened fruit (peaches, cherries, blackberries, etc).
- First, melt the butter in a baking pan than in a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk and pour over the butter.
- Cover the batter with fruit and do not stir, the batter will rise and will absorb the fruit flavor.
- In a preheated oven to 350°, bake the pie for 1 hour and serve it warm with whipped cream or ice cream!
- Bonne Appétit!