We love Philly Cheesesteak, and hearing of this recipe makes us excited. A new way to enjoy our favorite appetizer. It is so delicious, like an upgraded version of Philly Cheesesteak. I still can’t get enough of the steak, pepper, and cheese mix. These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are a super fun appetizer. When I serve them at events, I still get so many compliments.
These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are made with rib eye steak, onions, peppers and provolone cheese, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The ultimate appetizer or game day snack!
Raise your hand if you love Philly cheesesteak! I just can’t get enough of that steak, pepper and cheese combination. These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are a super fun appetizer, I always get so many compliments when I serve them at parties.
- (1) lb lean Sirloin Strips, or other beef sliced thin
- (1) Green Pepper (large)
- (1) Onion (medium)
- (1) Egg
- (1) pkg. (8 oz) Sargento Provolone Slices, or Shredded
- Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps (approx 8)
- McCormick Grill-Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olivio Buttery Spray
- Vegetable Oil (if deep frying)
- Dice the Green Pepper and Onion into bite-size pieces, cook and saute’ in a pan with oil/butter on medium heat.
- Cut Sirlion Steak Strips into small pieces (approx an inch each), and add to the pan with pepper & onion mixture.
- Generously, add and season with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Cook until steak is well cooked and peppers & onions are soft on medium heat, slower is better for flavor and texture.
- Once cooked through, take away from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the meat to rest.
- Put Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps on parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add and beat the egg and brush all four edges of each egg roll wrap with egg (this will help seal the egg roll together when cooking).
- Add about 2 tbsp of steak, peppers, and onion mixture to the middle of the egg roll wrap, add one slice of provolone cheese folded on top.
- Fold the bottom of the egg roll wrap up halfway to cover the meat mixture (like an envelope), then fold in both sides, add a little more egg (like a glue), before folding the top down closing the egg roll.
- For Deep Frying Option: Drop each egg roll into vegetable oil preheated on medium heat (you don’t want the oil too hot), flip until it is golden brown (for about 3-4 minutes each).
- For Air Fryer Option: Spray with Olivio Buttery Spray the outer part of egg roll, add and put in the air fryer for 12 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Flip halfway through if necessary based on your air fryer.
- For Oven Option: Spray the outer part of the egg roll lightly with the Olivio Buttery Spray. In the preheated oven at 400 degrees oven for 10-12 minutes, put it in, flipping halfway through.
- When fully cooked, allow egg rolls to cool on a paper towel-lined plates before serving. Delicious!
If you want to have a dip for this recipe, then try mayonnaise/horseradish mixture because it matches perfectly.