Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is the perfect weeknight meal. Simply put the ingredients in the crockpot and you will end up with the best chicken dish ever!
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is the kind of recipe that will make your family go crazy for! It is super flavorful, rich and delicious. The meat is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and amazingly delicious. This is the one recipe you have to try in the crockpot. Also, it’s a kind of meal that both the kids and adults will love.
This recipe is really easy to make. It is budget-friendly and requires only 5 ingredients to make. You basically put everything in the pot, and let it cook itself for a few hours. When dinner time comes, you will have an amazing meal with outstanding flavors.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken made with just five ingredients, you can set it in the morning in just minutes and have the perfect weeknight meal!
- 3 pounds of chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of Creole or Cajun seasoning(like Slap Ya Mama), or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) can of pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Remove skin from chicken & season lightly with the salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Pat seasoning into chicken and place into the slow cooker. Whisk together the brown sugar, pineapple juice & soy sauce; pour around chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, depending on the size of the chicken. Use a wide spatula to remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a platter & loosely tent with aluminum foil; set aside to prepare the glaze.
- Turn cooker to high until mixture comes to a boil, or transfer to a saucepan for the tovetop. Whisk together the water & cornstarch until there are no lumps. Slowly stir into the boiling sauce until fully incorporated & continue boiling for about 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let rest a moment.
- Brush the sauce over each chicken thigh & serve the remaining sauce at the table.
Note: I also added a few grinds of Rachel Ray’s Perfect Poultry seasoning to the chicken, which contains sea salt, back pepper, onion, sage, rosemary & thyme. I also used low sodium soy sauce.