- WW SP: 8
- Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
This was super quick & easy to make and came out great so I’ll definitely make it again.
Weight Watcher’s Deep Dish Pizza Casserole comes together in under 30 minutes. The crust is store bought, so you don’t have to wait for it to rise and kneed the dough, and it takes under 10 minutes to brown the ground beef. Browning the ground beef is probably the hardest part. Prep all your ingredients while the ground beef is browning and you’re pretty much done. Super easy and you can use whatever your favorite toppings are. I just added a couple slices of pepperoni to mine and garnished the pizza with some parmesan cheese and some herbs. So good!
I didn’t have any Italian Style stewed tomatoes, so what I did was use an 8 oz can of no-salt added tomato sauce, some italian seasoning, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Turned out marvelous!
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 (15 ounce) cans chunky Italian-style tomatoes
- cooking spray ( Pam)
- 1 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings. Each serving is 6 Weight Watcher’s points.
- Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
Click Next Page To See More Recipes…